Friday, March 11, 2016

Fuller House

So I watched some "Fuller House" this week. And I have mixed feelings.


As a kid, one of my favorites shows  to watch was "Full House." So, it can only be expected that I have a lot of fondness for the show. When I heard that Netflix was releasing "Fuller House," I was surprised and I didn't think that it would be any good. How could it be? What would the story even be about with them all so OLD?!?! However, I was pleasantly surprised when I watched the first episode. I was filled with nostalgia while watching it...and I absolutely loved all the parallels to the first episode of Full House. To me, the first episode set the bar high for the rest of the episodes. But, with such a high, it was almost inevitable that the rest would not quite be as good.

In my opinion, the show is decent, overall. But, I just haven't developed the same amount of love for all of the new characters and for how some of the old characters grew up. I love it when the old cast makes guest appearances....and I do enjoy the show generally. But it just isn't Full House.

So, acknowledging that weakness, I do enjoy the show as a fun, short time filler every once and a while. I don't think I'll binge watch it or anything though.

Really though, I do like how so many things have come out recently with characters from shows or movies grown up...it's a cool feeling to see your childhood grown up and living in a similar world to you. It's just fascinating that this has become one of the new ideas for media...to have the old classics grow up along with their generation! Sometimes they butcher it when they try, but I think they've done a good job with Fuller House.

That's it for now, folks.

1 comment:

  1. I had so much fun watching Fuller House. I agree that the first episode set high expectations for the rest of the season that didn't quite turn out the way I wanted. I love to see where the characters are now in the show. I thought overall they did pretty good on Fuller House. I'm excited to see some of the other shows they are remaking like Gilmore Girls!

    ReplyDelete