Friday, February 26, 2016

Guilty Pleasure...kind of

So when my husband and I were just dating and then eventually engaged, we were both RAs in Helaman Halls....And if you are at all familiar with Helaman Halls, you know that there are very strict visiting hours and basically all you can do if you're there with someone of the opposite sex on a day that is not visiting hour day is to hang out in the main lobby. So, needless to say, we spent quite a lot of time in there on those very uncomfortable couches with their oh so lovely chastity bars for those 3 semesters we were RAs together.

So, as an RA, I felt more of a need than the freshman to follow all the rules there....like not watching movies in the lobby (or basically on BYU campus) because it's against the rules and a liability to the university. Plus, I would have felt like a hypocrite doing it when I was required to ask residents to not do it. So, to the point, my husband and I often got very bored sitting in that lobby for months. Of course sometimes we would do things like homework or talk to play card games or scroll through our Facebook feeds several times....but those things get boring after a while too. One of our solution to the bored times was to watch YouTube videos....which brings me to the whole point of this post: one of my guilty pleasures (not sure if it's actually a pleasure though....).

Matt Stonie YouTube videos.

My husband used to watch these videos of this competitive eater (Matt Stonie) doing crazy personal challenges at home. So he started to watch them with me. Let me just say that at first I was not very interested and only acted semiinterested because he liked these videos and I liked him. But they grew on me. It's just so crazy to watch this guy eat a pile of food sooooooo fast....more food than I eat in several days! It's a crazy talent....but you work with what you've been blessed with, right?

Anyways, it has just become such a fascinating thing for me to watch occasionally. Not as often as we used to...but we still watch him occasionally. It just seems so unreal that he can eat sooo much soooo fast....but he can. And I think that's the addicting part: it's real, but it seems so fake, which is just so contradictory in my mind but makes me more interested.

So, if you are ever interested in watching a super skinny guy ingest more than you probably feed a standard family for dinner....than give his videos a try.
 



 


That's it for now, folks!






3 comments:

  1. Youtube really is a great place to find out about all the variety that the world has to offer. People can show the world their talents with relative ease now. Pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this post I thought it was really interesting. Youtube really is a place you can find anything that you want. Thanks for also sharing your story with your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YouTube is also my guilty pleasure. I get so sucked into it, and before I know it, hours have gone by. I think YouTube is almost more revolutionary than most social media. It allows anyone to put a camera in front of their face and say whatever they want. Material that would not normally be broadcast is available to the world if you seek it out.

    ReplyDelete