Monday, February 22, 2016

Oh the Fickleness of Media

So for the past few weeks I have been having some computer struggles due to a lack of space on my lovely laptop. You'd think it would be easy to fix that....but I just had sooooo much on there that I didn't even know what to delete. Plus, a huge chunk of the memory was taken up by my photos...and I didn't want to delete those permanently. I was still able to use my computer until a week and a half ago where I began to literally not have enough room to save my notes with deleting 10 files from my computer. And then last week it didn't let me do anything. Luckily for me I have an awesome husband that came up with a solution....an external hard drive (Why didn't I think of that??). And, luckily for me again, he knew how to get it to work when it initially did not. So, I now have a functioning computer again...and it is such a wonderful feeling.

I was amazed by how restricted I felt without a laptop. Taking notes on paper or (Heaven forbid) our iPad was so tedious and not being able to do homework at my convenience was even more annoying. But, even more amazing than how restricted I felt was how worried I was. It's a piece of metal, for goodness sake. But, this particular piece of metal has a lot of emotional attachment for me  and I was stressed when I thought about it never working again.... but, in reality I would be fine. My husband has a computer I could use, and caps is full of computers I could use. Plus, I wrote my notes for 13 years and going back to that wouldn't have killed me. I guess my point is that I have become extremely spoiled by the convenience of a personal computer. And I am soooo happy to have it working again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment